On 11/24/2010 the Henry family loss their house to a fire that destroyed all of their belongings. Doug, Stacey, Brianna, and Ian Henry could use help from friends and fans during this time. There will be different ways for people to help and will let you know on this posting as they come up. Please feel free to post questions in the comments area below.
- Donations – People can make donations through this link at the Road 2 Recovery. They were kind enough to send us this link that will get 100% of the donations to the Henry Family. Follow this link to make a donation. https://r2r.webconnex.com/gen?comments=for:+Doug+Henry Please make sure you leave the comment box as is so they know who the donation is for.
- Race Memorabilia – we will also be looking for people that would have anything from jerseys, pants, posters, rare items, or any other race memorabilia that would be meaningful to Doug that people would like to give back to Doug. Since most of his trophies and other history from his racing career was lost we would like to help rebuild part of his career for him. Please email email@example.com with info on what you have and will set up a place to send these items.
- Gift card other contributions – Right now the Henry’s have enough clothes for the moment from what has already been given by people. They will be needing help with other items that if you would like donate gift cards or have some other items for the family you can send them to PO Box 822 – Monroe, CT 06468 If you have a large item and need a residential address to ship to please email firstname.lastname@example.org for info on that.
- HEAL Clothing Donation Code – HEAL is going to give a donation code out that when used with purchase will donate $10 from every item purchased to the Henry Family (1 item $10, 2 items $20, 3 items $30, ect..). The coupon code to use will be HENRYS and should be up by end of day Friday. So no matter what item is purchased we will make sure a $10 donation goes to help the Henry family from it. (you will see 1% come off your total to make the code valid to show you want to support the Henry family)
- BMX Race at Foothills BMX – On Sunday the 5th of December a few guys have gotten together to put on a benefit race for the Henry family. It is open to the public and you do not have to be a member of the track to race. Good practice for anyone heading out to Ohio for the races. There will be a $10 donation and silent auction going on. There are more details on the facebook event page here. Rain or shine and should be a good day of fun racing for a good cause. Being held in the home town of the Henrys of Torrington, CT.